Friday, September 26, 2008

Welcome

This blog has been a long time coming. I registered it a while ago because I wanted this particular url (or whatever it's called) but I have not been ready to write anything. Sorry to anyone who's been waiting with baited breath. Without further ado, here' s my story:

I am infertile but I prefer the term broken. No one knows why, not me, not Husband, not any of the doctors I have been to. I find the whole process frustrating because it seems we can cure anything, except the common cold, cancer, and infertility in an otherwise healthy, young(-ish) couple. It's been six years now (and counting!) that we've been trying to get pregnant, with absolutely no avail. Not even a little avail. I have come to find that infertility is something that is not understood very well and I want to try to help. I do not expect my experiences to be all-encompassing for every infertile woman or couple out there, but with this blog, I hope to help some people understand what it is like, at least for me. It may be more information than many of you ever wanted about me/us.

I plan on beginning treatments again early next year and I want to keep a record of it, as well as to record what I have been through thus far. I will not pretend that it has been as difficult for me as it is for others and I don't want to belittle anything that anyone else has experienced or felt. I won't say that it has been particularly difficult for me. Sure, there are moments when it hurts but mostly I am happy with my lot in life and scared to even think about having kids. I want to show the humorous aspects of infertility. Really, there have been several. Read along if you wish and I apologize in advance of offending anyone who reads this, but I intend it to be a fairly naked baring of myself.

Enjoy!

No comments: