Monday, October 6, 2008

The Cycle Begins Again..

I just left my primary care physician and I feel so good. No good news about fixing me, it wasn't that easy before and it won't be that easy this time but I feel like a medical professional actually cares. The NP who examined me was able to recommend a fertility clinic in the area that she has personal experience with. I just looked them up online and they seem like they will be SO MUCH BETTER than where I went before. I won't make my appointment until December or January but I feel good knowing what direction we're going to take then. She also recommended things I can do now to prepare for the journey.
Oh, and she told me that I have a *shy* cervix. That's a new one. Up until now the only abnormalities have been with my uterus but nothing that would keep a normal person from getting pregnant for 6 years. Something to work with at least.

7 comments:

Alissa said...

well, better to have a "shy" cervix, than a total slut of a cervix, eh?

La Yen said...

Exactly what I was thinking, Alissa!

And maybe you can stuff a copy of "How to Win Friends and Influence People" up there?

Wife of dastew said...

The first thing I thought when she told me this was that I should have a coming out party for the old girl. But then I started thinking through the logistics and its simply unworkable. I mean, what kind of hors devours do you serve for something like that, and don't get me started on the guest list.

La Yen said...

Beaver tails. And egg whites.

Coop said...

Time for a bloke comment - I am glad that you a feeling positive about it all, and glad that you are holding off just now. Not that it is likely, but Noelle now is not allowed to conceive until we arrive in OZ, otherwise it won't be covered on my medical insurance, and then we won't be able to go :( So we will be starting a round of fertility meds in January after we arrive. Seeing as we have been married almost the same time as you guys, you aren't allowed to get pregnant too far ahead of us! I think you & Noelle should both have babies at the same time ... then we can keep holidaying together :)

dastew said...

oh can we set those babies up in advance and form a union of the House Coop and Forb? That'd be awesome. Okay here's hoping that you guys have the girl so that you have to pay the dowry

Megan, John and kids said...

I've never heard of a cervix being shy before either. It'll be interesting to see if these new doctors are more sympathetic. I always hate dealing with any type of gynecologist, especially when dealing with possible abnormalities or anything, I've only had to deal with birth control and possible endometriosis, but I've never felt like any doctor I've gone to has cared at all about my body or what happens to it.
And, I hope you and the Coops have kids soon so that WE can keep holidaying together, too!