Monday, October 27, 2008

I never would have said that to Lance Armstrong

Husband and I participated in some car shopping last week. I suppose I look my age and since I was test driving sedans the inevitable question came up.
"Do you have kids?"
"No."
"Are you going to have some?"
"Maybe, hopefully, we'll see in the coming months/years."
"Oh."
I felt pretty at ease with one salesman and his male coworker, who didn't look much older than I and since they're salesmen and worked on the personal rapport with me, I gave them more info, hoping for a pity discount in order to save some money for various procedures. We finished up the night talking in the coworker's office. Here's how it went down:

Him (pointing out the photo of a young boy on his desk): That's my son. I would love more.

Me: There's always time. I can say that to you because people are always telling me how much time I have.

Him: Actually I'm a cancer survivor. I had testicular cancer so the fact that I have one is pretty amazing.

Me (to myself with a look of horror on my face): D'oh! I suppose I'll not be getting the pity discount anymore.

Honestly, what are the odds? Testicular cancer? Really!? Touche, sir. Good day!


4 comments:

La Yen said...

That is one powerful nut, I tell you!

Alissa said...

brutal! but hey, he's got one... i still give you the pity discount.

Roy said...

So, in a blog named for your uterus you reference testicles. This is more technical language than I got in high school health class. KDHS taught terms like "boy parts" and being in a "delicate condition." No wonder the teen pregnancy rate was so high...

Coop said...

My question is did you get a new car?