Friday, February 20, 2009

Great! So now I'm THAT Patient

The trip would be worth rescheduling the long awaited surgery. Lunch at the Culinary Institute of America, Hyde Park, NYC Museums or a show, The Daily Show with John Stewart. It will be good.

So I called to reschedule my surgery. This is after I had to go through the whole changing of the health insurance so it took me longer than usual to even schedule the surgery to begin with. I am certain that I have a note in my file to the effect of, "She's not energetic about finding out what's wrong. Don't work too hard at fixing her." After a nice chat with Maria about the trip and its details (she said it was important so she could determine whether or not we could still do the surgery, but I think she's a little jealous of such a fantastic gift) she decided that I can still go ahead as planned.

Except, that, on the Monday of the trip (The day we see the Daily Show) I can only have liquids. New York City and not being allowed to eat? Come on. And when we're 20 minutes from home I have to take a laxative. If we hit traffic 15 minutes out there will be problems.

I'm now taking bets on what is wrong with me. Winner gets invited to the birth.

8 comments:

Mia said...

Everything I can come up with just sounds mean. So I'm going to guess that you stump the doctors. Way to go enigma!

If I'm right and you don't invite me to the birth, I'm going to be soooo insulted.

Alissa said...

i'm coming to the birth anyway... just so i can say things like, "did you just poop on the table?" while you're pushing.

Kristi said...

Wow, you are fierce, a laxative and a car ride! The surgery recovery will be cake for a woman of your caliber.

Jon and Chelle said...

i'm guessing sarcoidosis. because that's what's always wrong with people on episodes of house. i'm not really sure what it is, but he usually makes them run on the tread mill until they pass out, then he does an mri, then a spinal tap and then when they are feeling really poopy he cures them. sarcoidosis.

and i'm really jealous that you are going to the daily show!

dastew said...

I'm going to make her wear a diaper on the way back from the city. Still it should be okay and I'm with Mia on the diagnosis, although I assume I'm invited to the birth.

La Yen said...

Sarcoidosis for sure. Or maybe it is your double vagina.

Mrs Coops said...

Nah, I'm going fo Lupus, even though it has nothing to do with anything, simply for the House M.D. reference - Chase suggested it in like the entire first or second series didn't he?

And if I'm in town and you're giving birth I'm popping my head in the room anyway, just so that you can tell me if all this crap is actually worth it!

Wendy said...

Just make sure you milk your recovery for all it's worth. It's the best possible medicine.