Wednesday, September 19, 2012

On Pain

8/30/2012
When is it okay to give up? Is it after the years of infertility? At least we didn't have the false sense of hope to lie to us during that time.  Is it after the first ectopic pregnancy and watching my lovely wife almost die? We recovered from that, or at least we recovered as much as one can.

How about now? A second ectopic pregnancy in one year, and on the due date of our last pregnancy no less. Can I give up now? Can we retreat into our sorrow and depression? Can I look at all the happy families and feel anything but jealousy and loneliness?

I feel empty. I don't know if I have anymore to give.

9/19/2012
Update:
If you didn't know, don't worry or take it personally. We probably didn't tell you. We are recovering...ish. I feel like Job, or at least the protagonist in a Lifetime Original Movie. That said, we still have each other, our families, our friends, and our faith to sustain us. We will be okay in the end.

5 comments:

La Yen said...

I love you guys so much. And you can have any of my kids. I think you would like the loud ones the best.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear this again. What are the odds? Good things will come your way. God has not forgotten you.

Coop said...

Only you can decide if it is time to give up.

On a positive note, you could see this as an improvement overall ... you have now proven twice that Carolyn can get pregnant. I assume that this time there was no emergency operation, and there is still a remaining ovary? That's an improvement on last time! Now the egg just needs to get to the right place ...

On another note, I think we should chat more often. Let me know if you agree, and/or when would be a good time, about nothing or anything?

dastew said...

Oooh. Yeah, there was no explosion this time although it was a near thing.

Coop: I agree on all points. We should chat.

Lempskies said...

Oh, I am SO SORRY you guys.

We sure love you.

I posted a few thoughts on the topic of when to try again (& IF to try again) at:
www.fvlpregnancy.blogspot.com/search/label/grieving

My heart aches to think of all you've been through. It's ok to be angry at us and others who have kids. It's really not fair.

We will keep praying for you.