Monday, December 17, 2012

I guess I've got it easy

Sometimes something happens to give me a little perspective, to remind me that I have it so easy.  Sure, infertility has been rough and two ectopic pregnancies in one year is horrible and awful and terrible but I still have it easier than a lot of people out there. 

The happenings at an elementary school in Connecticut last week once again reminded me that I am not vulnerable to some degrees of pain right now.  And the thought of being that vulnerable scares the heck out of me.  Believe me, I am sooo sad about what happened and if I knew one of the kids who was killed I would be even more so, but I honestly can't imagine what those moms and dads are going through.  I can't imagine the pain they feel or the depths of their sorrows.  I feel sick to my stomach but I realize that it's not even close to the same thing. 

Throughout the years I've sometimes wished that I didn't have this desire to have a kid, that I could be fully happy with what I have.  I've wished that God would take this yearning from me if it's not ever to be fulfilled.  And then maybe I could be happy with what I have.  But I keep coming back to wanting to be a mom, even though it sounds crazy sometimes to want to give so much of myself. 

And sometimes I think that all this is so not fair, when I see people who have kids who I think are less deserving than we are (like I can really judge that).  But then, sometimes, I also realize that it's ok that it's not really fair because I sure don't deserve the good things I have in my life.  I don't deserve the husband I have who is spending his first night on break from school cleaning the bathroom, or the educational and professional opportunities I've had, or the amazing parents and siblings that I have, not to mention all the people that have done so much to help bear our burdens this year especially.

What I'm saying is that I'm incredibly blessed even though that doesn't always come through here, but I do know it at least on some level.  

In fact, here' s a photo to show just some of those things that are awesome about my life: 
1.the Husband is amazing.  2.my sister and her husband (not pictured here) came to visit.  3.we got to go to Toronto 4.we knocked another baseball park off our list 5.ballpark hotdogs  6.we had a beautiful walk from the ballpark to our hotel through Toronto. 7.I didn't die in January so I was able to enjoy all of these things in August.  I could go on but I won't. 

2 comments:

Lempskies said...

You guys are great & we love you.

But, I think if you were to include only 1 picture, it should have been the one of Stew cleaning the bathroom. His former roommate says he didn't see that often enough to remember what that looks like exactly...

Also a picture tutorial would be helpful for all those who don't do it often enough to remember how to do it themselves.

Anyway, you will be an absolutely wonderful mother. I hope that happens for you guys and soon.

Jewels said...

The loss of your 2 babies, my 2 grandchildren, was heart breaking. BUT you know Stewart was a miracle baby and look at him now.
God provides miracles in his time, we pray for you on this subject everyday. You are both loved! Mom